Name:
Location: Teignmouth, Devon, United Kingdom

I'm married with two grown up children and four grandchildren, My wife of 47 years is Sue and we are the same age. My two children are Pamela (blogging occasionly under Pam-bigbustybikerbaby.blogspot.com and Roy,who was recently Paralysed from the waist down due to an Absys on his Spine. My 4 grandchildren are (oldest first) Gavin, Hayley, Thomas,and Zoe. Sue and I are both retired and we're disabled too, her with a badly Arthritic back and spine, me with lung (COPD) and Heart problems.I have always loved Fishing (all sorts) Sue started fishing with me about 8 years ago, now she really enjoys it too. We both love m'cycles and m'cycling, Sue owns and rides her own bike which is a Custom 1981 250 Honda.I own a 1979 Honda CX500. We are both members of this motorcycle club ( view or join our club on http://www.cx-gl.org.uk/) or see my blog post Dec 2007 blog "Getting old, never", of course we're badly resticted now due to our illness, only riding in really good weather.Just over three years ago we lost our best friend and Baby Mojo the border Collie, Gone but never forgotten. Please feel free to use any of our photo's but do let me know you have used them, thank you.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

ILFRACOMBE AND MORE.

We are back home again to get my full Diabetes etc results from the tests taken last week.The picture below was taken right at the tail end of last week ends storms while away in N Devon, the wind at this stage had dropped to around 25 to 30 mph but as you can see the sea is stil choppy. If you scrolldown you will see a couple more pictures of the same area but taken just 5 days later.
Below, this picture is of a plaque to help explain and guide tourists around Ilfracombe. Click to enlarge, you may just be able to just about read bits of the text.
Above, this picture and the one below are of Ilfracombe Pier and boat Jetty, taken from the top of Lantern hill, just behind us is the famous "St Nicholas Chapel". This chapel was the place family members would wait and pray while waiting for the men folk to return back in the days of the local fishing fleet.
Below, this picture was taken to show the difference between breezy days like this and real windy days (above).
Below, Ilfracombe inner Harbour at low water.
Below, Just a quick image of the Harbour and surrounding country side, this is Watermouth Cove. The Castle is in the top right of the picture, our site is about 700-800 yds farther along.
Joke of the day.

A man is getting into the shower just as his wife is finishing up her shower, when the doorbell rings. The wife quickly wraps herself in a towel and runs downstairs. When she opens the door, there stands Bob, the next-door neighbor.
Before she says a word, Bob says, 'I'll give you £300 to drop that towel.'
After thinking for a moment, the woman drops her towel and stands naked in front of Bob.
After a few seconds of looking her up and down, Bob hands her £300 and leaves.
The woman wraps back up in the towel and goes back upstairs. When she gets to the bathroom, her husband asks, 'Who was that?'
'It was only Bob, the next-door neighbor,' she replies.
Great!' the husband says. 'Did he mention anything about the £300 he owes me?'

TWO

A sales rep, an administration clerk, and the manager are walking to lunch when they find an antique oil lamp. They rub it and a Genie comes out.The Genie says, 'I'll give each of you just one wish.'
Me first! Me first!' says the admin clerk. 'I want to be in the Bahamas, driving a speedboat, without a care in the world.' Puff! She's gone.
'Me next! Me next!' says the sales rep. 'I want to be in Hawaii, relaxing on the beach with my personal masseuse, an endless supply of Pina Coladas and the love of my life.' Puff! He's gone.
'OK, you're up,' the Genie says to the manager.
the manager says, 'I want those two back in the office after lunch.'

Moral of the story : Always let your boss have the first say.










3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ilfracombe looks amazing. I remember I had a little ornament when I was younger with 'Ilfracombe' emblazoned on the bottom. It was a souvenier from a friends holiday and I always wanted to go to the place with the funny name. Beautiful pics.
That water does indeed look choppy!

7:42 pm  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Gday Bob. Ilfacombe looks a lovely place to holiday,so close to the sea... we traveled through Ilfracombe here in outback Aust. such a pretty town, ill try find some photo's, I lost a lot when my puter crashed before i had Chance to back up files, but I know I have some somewere...I will email if i find them

11:28 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are both ok! Hope to see you blogging again sson!

2:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home