Name:
Location: Teignmouth, Devon, United Kingdom

I'm married with two grown up children and four grandchildren, My wife of 47 years is Sue and we are the same age. My two children are Pamela (blogging occasionly under Pam-bigbustybikerbaby.blogspot.com and Roy,who was recently Paralysed from the waist down due to an Absys on his Spine. My 4 grandchildren are (oldest first) Gavin, Hayley, Thomas,and Zoe. Sue and I are both retired and we're disabled too, her with a badly Arthritic back and spine, me with lung (COPD) and Heart problems.I have always loved Fishing (all sorts) Sue started fishing with me about 8 years ago, now she really enjoys it too. We both love m'cycles and m'cycling, Sue owns and rides her own bike which is a Custom 1981 250 Honda.I own a 1979 Honda CX500. We are both members of this motorcycle club ( view or join our club on http://www.cx-gl.org.uk/) or see my blog post Dec 2007 blog "Getting old, never", of course we're badly resticted now due to our illness, only riding in really good weather.Just over three years ago we lost our best friend and Baby Mojo the border Collie, Gone but never forgotten. Please feel free to use any of our photo's but do let me know you have used them, thank you.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A VERY VERY SAD DAY.

Today is indeed a very very sad day for us, today we lost Mojo a very special family member to us. She has been a major part of our lives for nearly fourteen years. She was special for lots of reasons, she was so easy to train and teach tricks. During all the years we had her we never new her to be bad tempered or nasty to people, other dogs or animals. Over all these years she accompanied us on hundreds of fishing trips, dozens of holidays and absolutely every where we went in the car. Every single person that new her really adored her, over the last few weeks when she was only able to walk short distances, people kept stopping us in the street asking of her whereabouts and health. Here she is just weeks after first coming to us.
Below, The love of her life, Fishing, she would sit alongside me for anything up to 13 hrs at a time. She was never taught this, she just loved being by the water watching me, no matter if other dogs or humans came she would just totally ignore them.The really strange thing is (and I've shown this lots of people) when I got out my flask for a drink she would get up go to the waters edge and take a drink. When I got up walked to the hedgerow to take a leak I would look around and there she would be, just yards away taking a wee too. When at the caravan we spent hours fishing by the lake, Sue would bring down sandwiches and a flask, then call Mojo to go up into the adjacent dog walking field and do her business, at this Mojo would jump up go full speed round the lake up into the field, do the nessessary then come tearing back to me, all this before Sue had even reached the field, terrified she would miss something !!!.

Below, Alert as ever and very photogenic, taken when she was probably around 7-8 years old.
Below, The very last picture we ever took of her, by now her back end was starting to be troublesome to her, this was probably mid Oct last year.
Below, again late 2007, as she got older she suffered with her big coat in very hot weather, hence the brolley and a bit of welcome shade.

Below, one of the last pictures taken of her, this was taken in Sept/Oct 2007.

This blog I'm sure has been very boring to a few of you but we really don't care this is our Tribute to a loving loyal family member, MOJO we will always love and remember you, R.I.P.

19 Comments:

Blogger pam said...

she had a wonderful life with you and mum and i am sure she is happy where she is now. she will be so very sadly mussed, our manky!

9:38 pm  
Blogger Peggy said...

Oh that is just so sad! As a dog person, I completely understand your pain. I've lost dogs and absolutely howled for days afterward. I'm sorry that Mojo is gone. It looks like she had a great life with you and she's not suffering anymore. You did good.

Kind regards,

Peggy

9:52 pm  
Blogger Aiden said...

mojo was a lovley character, she was loving and kind, and you looked after her beautifully, shes up there watching you and happy that you cared for her so well

11:12 pm  
Blogger Jeanette said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:05 am  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Bob. I have a tears in my eyes As I read of your dear faithfull Mojo's Passing..I do understand the pain your feeling as we had a border Collie for 17 years loosing her was like loosing a member of the family, were ever My Alan was so was Splash Named because of her love for water always swimming with the kids... Mojo watching over you from doggy heaven.....
ps.. that delete post was mine i dont know what happened blogger keeps swallowing my comment sorry... 3rd time luck hope it works

9:10 am  
Blogger Shammickite said...

Hi Bob and Sue, I completely understand your sadness in losing Mojo, we lost our Wendydog last year and I know how much beloved dogs become part of the family. Mojo and Wendy are probably bouncing around chasing each other right now, no worries about sore backs or stiff hips. Nice thought, isn't it?
Life goes on.... I am puppysitting YoungerSon's new puppy Tessa this weekend while they go skiing. She's VERY bouncy, I'm going to be exhausted by Sunday afternoon!

1:57 pm  
Blogger Changes in the wind said...

My heart goes out to you and your family...animals can bring more love into our lives than most people and it does indeed heart to lose them. Thank you for sharing the love you shared with her.

3:04 pm  
Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Bob,

So sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful dog and I'm sure, very special to your family.


Junie

3:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for your sad loss, it took me two years to get another dog after losing Poppy, but now have Fergus a wilful terrier

10:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello to you from Western Australian I chanced upon you when researching Monroe Devis Maternity Home, my son was born there in 1962. I just read about the trawler bringing in the sprats and it brought back memories of my Mum buying them when we lived in Aberystwyth, she used to flour them and fry them for out tea, I used to cut the heads and tails off. but the others ate them whole.

10:16 am  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi everyone, Thank you all very much for your comments and kind wishes.We both feel just a bit better this morning but its going to take a long time.We have both made the difficult decision that were not having another dog, were both getting on, so it would not be fair if we go and leave the dog for some one else to care for,plus as we get older one of us still would have to take it out in all weathers when in our 70s.
Maybug, Please get back to me, if not on here, my e-mail is in profile.

11:03 am  
Blogger bob mullen said...

Very sorry to read about your loss folks, she sounded a right character

8:50 pm  
Blogger Lizzy said...

I've just visited your blog for the first time, coming over from ex-shammickite. I'm so sorry for you, but it sounds like she had such a good life.

9:56 pm  
Blogger Martin Stickland said...

I feel for you both, I really do. I am so sorry Bob to hear about your lovely dog, that is so sad.

I lost my first dog when he was 14 and I cried like a baby, I suppose that if you have never had a dog you do not realise just how much a part of the family they become.

Bandit was attacked by a 'staff' yesterday and the vet found four big teeth pucture marks in his neck but he was as good as gold at the vets.

I must say that your dog looked beautiful and I bet she had a lovely life with you, just remember all those good times.

Sorry Bob and Sue, I am probably not helping much here but I would just like to tell you that my thoughts are with you, try to keep smiling.

Kind regards

Martin & Family

7:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry Bob SUE Know how it feelt with Barney xx Bob @ Lorna

6:33 pm  
Blogger david mcmahon said...

I join you in the tribute. I feel your loss, too.

9:08 pm  
Blogger lorenzothellama said...

Hi Bob and Sue, just been going through some of your postings. So very sorry about little Mojo. She looks really gorgeous.
My Meg died when she was almost 17 and I wept for days. She died in my arms looking at me.

A couple of years later we got another border collie, Badger, and she is a right little bugger, but we love her. It took me two years to want another dog. What would we do without them, hey?

Love, Lorenzo.

9:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Auntie Sue and Uncle Bob, I was so sorry to hear about Mojo she was a beautiful dog and so lovely natured. I remember when we came to visit one year Me, Deb & Calvin and we asked if we could take her for a walk which we had never done before, not only did she come with us but we didn't even had to put her on a lead that's how well behaved she was! will be sadly missed

Kind Regards

Love Nic,John,Dean & Lee

9:31 pm  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

ugg boots
oakley sunglasses
polo ralph lauren
bills jerseys
ugg outlet
michael kors outlet
jacksonville jaguars jersey
replica watches
true religion outlet
coach outlet
2017.8.17

8:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home