Name:
Location: Teignmouth, Devon, United Kingdom

I'm married with two grown up children and four grandchildren, My wife of 47 years is Sue and we are the same age. My two children are Pamela (blogging occasionly under Pam-bigbustybikerbaby.blogspot.com and Roy,who was recently Paralysed from the waist down due to an Absys on his Spine. My 4 grandchildren are (oldest first) Gavin, Hayley, Thomas,and Zoe. Sue and I are both retired and we're disabled too, her with a badly Arthritic back and spine, me with lung (COPD) and Heart problems.I have always loved Fishing (all sorts) Sue started fishing with me about 8 years ago, now she really enjoys it too. We both love m'cycles and m'cycling, Sue owns and rides her own bike which is a Custom 1981 250 Honda.I own a 1979 Honda CX500. We are both members of this motorcycle club ( view or join our club on http://www.cx-gl.org.uk/) or see my blog post Dec 2007 blog "Getting old, never", of course we're badly resticted now due to our illness, only riding in really good weather.Just over three years ago we lost our best friend and Baby Mojo the border Collie, Gone but never forgotten. Please feel free to use any of our photo's but do let me know you have used them, thank you.

Friday, January 18, 2008

NO SERIOUSLY.

Today I was browsing a few of my regular blogging sites, also a few new one, when I came upon a Canadian one, who mentioned this word Lurkeing. Apparently (in the blogging world) this word means people like me who pop into loads of different blog sites without leaving a comment, this shows on lots of sites (those that have them) blog counters, but they don't actually know who the visitors are.Now apparently some bloggers have a "anti lurkeing" week, attempting to encourage people to stop and comment. This got me thinking, yes I do personally visit lots of blogs but I only stop and comment very occasionally, so why?. Firstly for me, the time element, to stop and comment on every blog site I enter would leave me no time to write my own. Also the content of that particular entry may not interest you/me. Those sites where you have to enter not only the jumbled letters but log into an account as well I try to avoid, mainly because personally I think it unnessary, and secondly because I have 23 different sign in names and passwords to different things ie Flixter, Google, MSN, Facebook, E-bay, pay-pal it goes on and on, So to sign in on these sites I have to go into my drawer find my book and look up all my log ins(my bloody memory, age is it?) .Now my very very pet hate is (and I NEVER EVER comment on these are) the sites that comments have to be vetoed by the author, ok you may have your reasons for this but they do not wash with me, I believe if your big enough to write a blog you should be big enough to stand critism, (blogger will remove bad language etc) or in the case of some bloggers that are so full of themselves they dont want you to be showing a comment that could lead readers to your own blog. Now I hope this has stirred a few of you out of your chairs enough to, send me some comments PLEASE, I dont mind what you say, but comment.
PS. Does anyone out there know how or if you can put on the old blogger a list of the sites I visit?.

JOKE OF THE DAY.

During a visit to the mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director what the criterion was which defined whether or not a patient should be institutionalized.

"Well," said the Director, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the patient and ask him or her to empty the bathtub."

"Oh, I understand," said the visitor. "A normal person would use the bucket because it's bigger than the spoon or the teacup."

"No," said the Director. "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a bed near the window?"

If this posts joke does not display properly I have redone it three times but dear old blogger wants it this way!!!!.

12 Comments:

Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

OK- Bob,
I am with you with being 'put off' by blogs that require the bloggers approval before accepting your comment! It seems all these folks are wanting is constant praise of who they are and what they are doing in their lives.

I like blogs that post about a variety of subjects...
and I find a lot of things of interest on your blog! :)
I especially have enjoyed viewing all the pictures you put on-and also your wife's art.


Junie

4:43 pm  
Blogger Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Bob,
Your blog is pretty new to me , but I'll try to react: OK I see what you mean, In you writing you skipped ( or might not like to name that also) that ALL the different blogs also have ALL their own signins, such like "shutterchange", "worldpress", "web'log" , Myexpressions", and the blogspt (this one) has its own signin too, but you must make time to comment to all the blogs I sgree... that takes a hell of a lot of time... I started to comment at first (july last year) every day, now I do it one time a week ,because "there are other things in life than blogging" BUT.... sying this I know that it is not fair to the people who do their very best to react every day... so I did it this way: I have a favorite list (see top) this people's blogs I try to comment on, at least once a week.

Good? Well if not, I will find out about the result later, I should find also the time to make photo's (which is my passion) But the blog is making me going (giving me the inspiration) to make more and better photo's. I try to mix it, in somtimes a bit (not too much ) personal, but overal general subjects. And what about you?

Have a great and creative weekend! I hope to see you also back on my blog, you're being welcome,
Greetings from JoAnn Photography

12:16 am  
Blogger Shammickite said...

I agree, it takes a long time to read and comment on all the blogs I look at, but I tend to look at the same ones every couple of days. Plus I have one of those strange fuzzy letter combination password thingys on my blog because without it I was getting all sorts of blogger-spam stuff.

2:28 pm  
Blogger Jo's-D-Eyes said...

OK Bob,

The Funny-letters are necessary against the spam,so thats OK

Have a nice weekend:)

Greetings

5:19 pm  
Blogger Vintage to Victorian said...

Hi Bob

Firstly the answers to your questions! I'd completedly forgotten about part II of rockin' bloggin' but will do my best as soon as time permits!

Secondly the photos came via Han's camera and email so it's the best we could do. Shall endeavour to get to visit the piggies soon and take digi photos. Alternatively I suppose we could give Han a digital camera for her birthday!

On to your post - I hate these letters that you have to type in to get the comment accepted but there are so many nasties out there at the moment that it does help a little, despite the fact that it's off-putting to have to type them in as a genuine friendly blogger.

Has anyone explained how to add a list of blogs yet? Email me if not.

Sue

6:54 pm  
Blogger Vintage to Victorian said...

PS - Love the bath joke. I'll have the bed by the window!

6:55 pm  
Blogger bob mullen said...

I am as guilty as the next man for doing a bit of lurking. But as you say it comes down to time in the end,I like you visit a lot of blogs and sites but only leave the occasional comment, If I tried to comment on everyones posts I would have no time to write my own.

8:08 pm  
Blogger dabrah said...

The joke made me laugh. Unlike you, I'll leave comments where you have to verify that you're a real person, but I won't if I have to log in. I just wanted to make a comment about your taste in music, which is similar to mine. I find I like Oasis (their music, not their behaviour), do you find that too. Also, the news the last couple of days is that protest songs are back in fashion. There's an American called Matt Costa who's touring at the moment and getting a lot of exposure on TV and radio. What I've heard so far is really quite good.

11:22 pm  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Gday Bob, I must admit it takes time to read and comment on blogs. But I always comment on those I visit. I start at the top of my list taking a few days to get to the bottom then I reverse and start at the bottom and go to the top. then start again. when I get new commers I always pay a visit to them and leave a comment and add them to favorites for a little while before getting them added to my side bar..Loved the joke ill have my bed at the window....Thanks for the jokes ill blog some soon keep them comming . Jen :-)..

2:29 am  
Blogger Aiden said...

I personally find that the people who hide behind large amounts of security are the ones most afraid of critism, I dont mind what people say about my blog, so long as they take the time to read the whole thing, not judge beased on the first few sentences!

we should have nothing to fear from critism,instead we should learn from it!

5:22 pm  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi Everybody,
Thank you all for the comments. I dont think I made myself 100% clear when I said about having to log in,I have absolutely nothing against word verification (scrambled letters),that we definately need to avoid automated spam comments. What I'm not keen on is actually having to log in with accounts and password,Also I Hate author approval.

6:38 pm  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

ugg boots
oakley sunglasses
polo ralph lauren
bills jerseys
ugg outlet
michael kors outlet
jacksonville jaguars jersey
replica watches
true religion outlet
coach outlet
2017.8.17

8:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home