Name:
Location: Teignmouth, Devon, United Kingdom

I'm married with two grown up children and four grandchildren, My wife of 47 years is Sue and we are the same age. My two children are Pamela (blogging occasionly under Pam-bigbustybikerbaby.blogspot.com and Roy,who was recently Paralysed from the waist down due to an Absys on his Spine. My 4 grandchildren are (oldest first) Gavin, Hayley, Thomas,and Zoe. Sue and I are both retired and we're disabled too, her with a badly Arthritic back and spine, me with lung (COPD) and Heart problems.I have always loved Fishing (all sorts) Sue started fishing with me about 8 years ago, now she really enjoys it too. We both love m'cycles and m'cycling, Sue owns and rides her own bike which is a Custom 1981 250 Honda.I own a 1979 Honda CX500. We are both members of this motorcycle club ( view or join our club on http://www.cx-gl.org.uk/) or see my blog post Dec 2007 blog "Getting old, never", of course we're badly resticted now due to our illness, only riding in really good weather.Just over three years ago we lost our best friend and Baby Mojo the border Collie, Gone but never forgotten. Please feel free to use any of our photo's but do let me know you have used them, thank you.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

THROUGH THE YEARS (part 8).

Now then this picture taken in 1945 of Sue as a baby originally started this blog as the very last picture, it was supposed to run through her life from adult to baby, oh no blogger thought that far too well organised and put it at the top, never mind, things never run smoothly.

This is a picture of my wife Sue and me just after the birth of our first baby Pamela, my dont we look young (19).
This one (below) a year earlier 1963, taken on a trip up on the Cotswolds.
Sue (below) aged about 10 or 11 years old, amazing how we gain lines and wrinkles but the face is still very recognisable.
Below a couple of years younger (9) Aint she cute!!!.
This one taken at age 7, do you like the little bow in her hair? And the really pronounced freckles. (she threatened me if I put this pickie on) She says her ears look big and awful (now now no calls of Dumbo please).
Below this one is a real cutie, taken when she was just 4 years old, its a pity about the quality of the photo, (mind it was 58 years ago).


Sue was born in August 1945 to mother Joan Emms (formerly Lamb) and Horse guardsman (at the time)Jim Emms. Sue was born in Bidford upon Avon (Warks) in her Gran/grandads house in a little terrace called "Stepps piece). A year or so later Jim came out of the forces, the family moved a few miles to a tiny village called "Barton", here Jim worked as a Cowman for several years. Sue's sister Daphne was born here in 1948. After a year or two Jim showed interest in the Gamekeeping side and was eventually taken on as underkeeper.He kept this up until his retirement as a head keeper on Lord Shuckborough's estate(Daventry area), during this time Jim took several posts each one meaning moves, so Sue remembers living in 4 or more houses before meeting me.Sue and I met while working at the "Maudsley Motor Company" of Great Alne Alcester.She was a junior clerk and I an apprentice engineer, each day on her way to collect the tea and biscuits for the office Sue walked past the area that I worked in.The only reason I asked her out was for a bet, a lad I worked with named Bryan Curtis bet that he could date her before me. Needless to say he lost, and here we are. Anyone interested can get more history on Through the years, and parts 1-2-3-4-5 in February, part6 in March and 7 in November of 07.
Joke of the day.
"Do you believe in life after death" the boss asks his new employee,"why yes sir"replies the worker."Well that makes everything just fine then"says the boss,he went on "Yesterday when you went early to attend your grans funeral, well she stopped by a little later".

4 Comments:

Blogger Shammickite said...

Sue was certainly a cute baby! You two look so young holding your firstborn.... we all got married so young back then! And hiking in the Cotswolds wearing white high heel shoes???? Well!!

2:35 pm  
Blogger dave said...

how young was she then

6:52 pm  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi ex-shammy, In those days sue wouldn't be seen outta bed without her make up and high heels.
Dave, Sue was just 18 I think.

6:58 pm  
Blogger Peggy said...

I love the photo of you and the wife with the new baby. You look worried!

The family photos are just precious! Thanks for sharing them!

2:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home