Name:
Location: Teignmouth, Devon, United Kingdom

I'm married with two grown up children and four grandchildren, My wife of 47 years is Sue and we are the same age. My two children are Pamela (blogging occasionly under Pam-bigbustybikerbaby.blogspot.com and Roy,who was recently Paralysed from the waist down due to an Absys on his Spine. My 4 grandchildren are (oldest first) Gavin, Hayley, Thomas,and Zoe. Sue and I are both retired and we're disabled too, her with a badly Arthritic back and spine, me with lung (COPD) and Heart problems.I have always loved Fishing (all sorts) Sue started fishing with me about 8 years ago, now she really enjoys it too. We both love m'cycles and m'cycling, Sue owns and rides her own bike which is a Custom 1981 250 Honda.I own a 1979 Honda CX500. We are both members of this motorcycle club ( view or join our club on http://www.cx-gl.org.uk/) or see my blog post Dec 2007 blog "Getting old, never", of course we're badly resticted now due to our illness, only riding in really good weather.Just over three years ago we lost our best friend and Baby Mojo the border Collie, Gone but never forgotten. Please feel free to use any of our photo's but do let me know you have used them, thank you.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

GETTING OLD ? NEVER.

Above. The club advert, please do go check out this club, it has been in existence since 2002.
Above. Most of the work done but waiting for tank badges (still are) Sue at the caravan on her bike.
Above.Sues bike pre having the bent tank straightened and painted.

Above. A very poor picture of Sue's little Honda CM 200.
Above. Our nephew Jason on Sue's first bike a Honda C90.
Above. At our caravan site, with Sue and our friend Bryan (on his Yamaha) this is my latest CX.
Above. Sue on my brand new CX 500, she rode it but struggled to reach the floor so rode wearing HIGH HEELS !!!.
Above. Me with my new CX and left to right Susan (not mine) on moped, Our nephew Jason on the pillion, Me, In the doorway Sue's sister Daphne and behind her is mum,finally Our son Roy.
Above is my Honda 750 FA and left to right Sue,Uncle Gerald, his eldest daughter Deborah, me, our daughter Pam and Geralds daughter Nicola.

Today is Christmas day and I've done my bit!! I helped with breakfast preparation and cooking. My grandson Gavin stayed with us last night and we went down for a few beers and friendly banter. We all met up in my local "The Kings Arms", where at weekends and special occasions Kenny the DJ does his bit. Our neighbors Jan and Alan also came,(we have a friendly xmas light show competition every year). While in there we were also joined by a few more friends and ended up with two joined tables and about 13-14 of us, a jolly good night was had by all. I think in the case of a few, this morning may well have been a bit different though. To get back to date, we have done all the vegetable prep (I did Carrots, Sprouts and Swede) and the Turkey and Beef joints are in the oven, so here I am in front of the computer for a couple of hours. I thought it time I shared our love of motorcycles with everyone, so here goes, both Sue and I have olddish (Classic) bikes. Sue now has a 1981 Honda CM250 T which is basically a custom style bike with a much lowered seat, she had a brand new one of these back in 1982, this she kept until back problems caused her to temporarily stop riding, eventually selling it in 1986-7 .This latest one she purchased in 2005 and is still working trying to get it how she wants it.
Sue first started bike riding in about 1975 with a new Honda 90 step through, a few years later she progressed to a Honda CM 200 on which she passed her test at the first attemp. This little bike stayed with her for around 4 years (she adored it), eventually being sold to make room for a brand new Honda CM 250 T exactly the same model as the one she has now.
My first bikes were old nails back in the "60s" which I sold when the kids came along. I restarted my biking in about 1980 with a Honda 250 Superdream, this one I swapped a year or two later for my first S/Hand CX500 (red), I liked this so much I bought a brand new one, which I kept for 4 years. I then had the "red Mist" descend and decided to go for a bigger, more powerful model in the shape of a Honda 750 FA (four cylinder), this I kept on and off the road for 7 years (mostly because of bike accidents) I eventually sold this (I still regret it, as they are now very much sought after ) around 1993. I myself bought my current CX model again in 2004 to regain my "lost youth", (some bloody chance). These bikes most definitely grow on you, I can't wait for the summer to get back on it. My bike is at the moment up in the midlands with a very good friend (Gary), who kindly offered to do a few jobs for me as a project over the winter period. Earlier this year I decided that perhaps it would be nice to belong, so I applied for membership of the CX and GL (another model of V twin) bike club. This club I thought would enable me to get contacts for advise, parts, and perhaps garages to do work on the bike, also to talk, meet etc like minded people who also love their Honda V twins. I was excepted and am about to meet my first few other members (boxing day) on Exmouth sea front for late a B'fast. This club is very active and holds "Nationals", rally's and regular day out rides and meets, if any of you have any interest at all in classic Honda's then come and see us, to either browse parts of the site or join, Quite reasonably at around a Tenner a head. The club site is on http://www.cx-gl.org.uk/ hope to see you there soon. PS This club is virtually worldwide.
Joke of the day..
An eighty year old man went to the Drs for his annual check up,the Doc asks him "how are you feeling" The old man replies "Iv'e never felt better in my life I have a 20 year old wife who we find is now pregnant, what do you think about that then".The Dr thinks long and hard and eventually says "I have an older friend like you, he is an avid fan of shooting and never misses an opportunity to go, one day when in a bit of a hurry he picked up his walking stick instead of his gun, when he got up into the woods he saw a rabbit, so he picked up his stick and went bang bang, A fraction of a second later two shots rang out and the Rabbit fell dead, what do you think of that?". "Well Now"the old man said, "Id say somebody else pumped a couple into that Rabbit"" My point exactly said the Doctor."

4 Comments:

Blogger dave said...

i like the bike wat sue is on at the caravan

4:25 pm  
Blogger Shammickite said...

Nice shots of bikes.
Thanks for the reference to the Great Snow and Freeze of 63, I remember it quite well, I was a kid at boarding school that year.

2:03 pm  
Blogger bob mullen said...

Nice wheels eh! But myself I prefer a bit of steel around me.

6:26 pm  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi,
Ex-shammy, I'm at the moment looking at things from the snows on Dartmoor in 63 for a future blog.
Bob,As for steel thens plenty of that (try picking one up after dropping it!!). I must admit though this definately aint bikin weather!!!!.

1:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home