Name:
Location: Teignmouth, Devon, United Kingdom

I'm married with two grown up children and four grandchildren, My wife of 47 years is Sue and we are the same age. My two children are Pamela (blogging occasionly under Pam-bigbustybikerbaby.blogspot.com and Roy,who was recently Paralysed from the waist down due to an Absys on his Spine. My 4 grandchildren are (oldest first) Gavin, Hayley, Thomas,and Zoe. Sue and I are both retired and we're disabled too, her with a badly Arthritic back and spine, me with lung (COPD) and Heart problems.I have always loved Fishing (all sorts) Sue started fishing with me about 8 years ago, now she really enjoys it too. We both love m'cycles and m'cycling, Sue owns and rides her own bike which is a Custom 1981 250 Honda.I own a 1979 Honda CX500. We are both members of this motorcycle club ( view or join our club on http://www.cx-gl.org.uk/) or see my blog post Dec 2007 blog "Getting old, never", of course we're badly resticted now due to our illness, only riding in really good weather.Just over three years ago we lost our best friend and Baby Mojo the border Collie, Gone but never forgotten. Please feel free to use any of our photo's but do let me know you have used them, thank you.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

THE LOVE OF OUR LIVES.


MOJO . She has always gone fishing with us even as a pup and still does.People marvel at the fact that she sits upright and alert with me for 8-9 or even 10 hours at a time, never having been taught this she just loves it, when it comes to our calls of nature she goes whenever I do and believe it not even takes a drink when i pick up my flask.
With her huge coat she suffers with the heat hence the umbrella.
I think she is very photogenic and loves having her picture taken.

Even now she really loves the water and a paddle.(so does the wife)

Now before I go any further I'm sure one or two people will disagree with some of the things and deeds that will be mentioned in this blog, if thats the case then so be it.
Now this blog is all about our 14 year old Border Collie Mojo, she is "our Baby"and will be treated as such for the rest of the short time she is with us.I have never in the whole of my 62 years been without a dog for more than a few weeks, but, Mojo is certainly one of the few that really stand out. She has enjoyed very good health up till a year or so ago when she started having problems with her Arthritic back end. She is on medicine from the vet plus we've recently invested in a magnetic collar to hopefully help her.As a pup she was definitely the easiest dog I've ever had when it came to training, And has very very rarely been away from us, going on holidays with us except for our foreign holidays, when, she stayed at our house with my son or daughter.I did try to add more photos and narrative but blogger would'nt let me, bye for now back in 2 wks.

5 Comments:

Blogger lorenzothellama said...

Not surprised she is the love of your life. She's gorgeous.
Liked your pictures of Combe Martin Carnival too. (Better than Martin's!)
Lorenzo.

1:17 pm  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi lorenzo, thanks for the comment (but dont tell you know who)I tried to put in 2more photo's with the narrative to go with it but after 40 trying gave up(bloody blogger really gets on my T... sometimes)Were off to the van now back in a couple of weeks bob

1:45 pm  
Blogger Patty said...

She's one beautiful dog. We've had a dog around for years, but at our ages now, after we had to have our last pet put down last Sept. we've decided not to get any more.

Enjoy her. She's a beauty.

3:34 pm  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Bob, She a beautiful dog I can understand how you feel our dogs are part of our family.We started of with a Boxer, next was a collie. then a short haired border collie x always said thats the last as its heartbreaking when they go. and now I have a Blue heeler i find him good company now im on my own.
Have a great time away in your van,

12:27 pm  
Blogger Shammickite said...

Hi there Mojo! What a sweetie you are! Does Daddy ever catch anything with his fishing rod? Or do you just sit there encouraging him all day, with no fishy result?
You should get Daddy to shave your fur for the hot summer... that's what my people do to me, and it makes such a difference!
love and woofs from Wendy the Golden Retriever in Canada.

2:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home